Burgh le Marsh Reading & Development Centre celebrated Lincolnshire Day (a day early) on Saturday 30th September.
Burgh Gun Club Shooting Contest
Burgh Gun Club hold a club event shooting contest every 3 months where members shoot at targets at a distance of 100 meters having 30 shots each with a 10 point bonus for hitting the exploding target.
The awards were presented by Burgh mayor, Cllr. Neil Cooper.
1st Place : Elliot Cooper: 2nd Place: Dave Murfin: 3rd Place Andy Grayson: 4th Place Nikki Kade
Vikings at Burgh Mill - Sunday 30th July
Burgh's New Town Clerk - Ms Kelly Stevenson
Mrs Angela Johnson Coccia has served 9 years as Burgh Town Clerk now moving on to ventures new , her successor is Ms. Kelly Stevenson who said that she is looking forward to the new challenge and is particularly enthusiastic at the prospect of the new council chambers at Tinkers Green.
East Midlands in Bloom Judging Day
Wednesday 12th July
Mayor, Cllr. Dave Fenton escorted the East Midlands in Bloom judges, Mr. Richard Stephen and Mr. Andy Boyton around Burgh on their floral assessment of the town - the East Midlands area covers Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire., refreshments followed at the windmill.
Burgh Methodist Flower Festival Sturday 1st July
Themed "Hymns & Psalms"
"There is a Green Hill Far Away" - Val Green
1. The Colours of the Day" - Daphne 2. "If I Were a Butterfly" - Janet Allenby
3. "All Things Bright and Beautiful - Monday Club 4. "One More Step Along the Road I Go" - Bill
1. "For the Beauty of The Earth" - Pam Locke 2. "Love Devine Al Loves Excelling" Pam Smith
3. "We Plough the Fields and Scatter - Bessie 4. Eternal Father Strong to Save" - Mavis
1. Ride on Ride On in Majesty" - Doreen
2. "FRight the Good Fight" Keith Locke
3. "My Command is this, Love Each Other" Emma
1. "Let Us Beak Bread Together With the Lord" - Sandy & Mary 2. "Angels From the Realms of Glory" - Pam Vessey
3."Will Your Anchor Hold in The Storms of Life" - Anne May 4. "Praise Him that he Made the Sun" - Gill
1. " Hark the Hearald Angels Sing" - Sue Colebourne 2."It Fell Upon a Summer Day" - Moreen
3. "In the Bleak Midwinter" - Richard & Janet 4. "Morning Has Broken" - Janet Mosley
1. "Happy the Home O Loving Friend of Children" - Claire 2. " Calypso Carol" - Hazel
3. "Summer Suns are Glowing Beautiful and Free" - Robina
Burgh Mill Summer Festival Saturday 1st July
The annual "Burgh in Bloom Awards were presented at the Mill Festival to the following recipients:
Saturday 17th June - Burgh Celebrates Queen's Birthday
at Burgh Baptist Church and The Mill
East Midlands in Bloom Task Force Project
Burgh Mayor, Cllr. Dave Fenton is on a volunteer task force recruitment drive in preparation for the July judging for the East Midlands in Bloom event at which we gained a silver award in 2016. (as image below)
Volunteers urgently required as below
please contact Dave Fenton – 01754 465463
or Mobile:- 07799 561 435
"Task Force 1" (Market Square)
Jan Fenton - Task Force Leader
Cllr. Andy Cooper
"Task Force 2" (High Street from Mkt. square to Cock hill)
"Task Force 3" (Storey's Lane)
"Task Force 4" (Tinkers Green)
Sam Allison –Task Force Leader
"Task Force 5" (Market Square to Ingoldmells Road)
" Task Force 6" (Skegness Road - Richard Holmes Way)
Cllr. Dave Fenton – Task Force Leader
"Task Force 7" (Ingoldmells Road + Turnings off)
Jim & Judy Moss - Task Force Leaders
“Task Force 8” ( Elm Crescent & Turnings off)
“Task Force 9” ( The Causeway )
“Task Force 10” (Johnsons Way + Turnoffs)
New Recruits (image courtesy of Eileen Chantry)
Ceremonial Burgh Council Meeting
Tuesday 30th May
Mayor making Ceremony: Outgoing mayor Cllr. Neil Cooper handed over his mayoral chain inaugurating Cllr Dave Fenton as the new mayor the procedure was repeated by the new mayor Cllr Dave Fenton with the new Deputy mayor Cllr Jimmy Brookes taking up his office after a tie breaking election for the position.
The evening also included Cllr Neil Cooper presenting Town Clerk Angela Johnson Coccia with a bouquet of flowers and gift on her leaving the Town Council after 8 1/2yrs service.