BURGH TOWN COUNCIL
Burgh Town Council will be seeking to fill casual vacancies in the office of Town Councillor and is now seeking to fill a paid part-time vacancy (25 hrs per week) in the role of Town Clerk.
To register your interest in applying for either of these roles or for more information contact the Town Clerk
TUESDAY 25 APRIL 2017 - 7.00 pm
Wesley Community Room,
Burgh Methodist Church, Jackson’s Lane
Burgh le Marsh
1. There will NOT be a preceding Planning Committee
meeting at 6.30 pm.
2. There will be an opportunity for prayer prior
to the start of the meeting.
3. The purpose of the public session is simply to take statements or questions from members of public for handling in future or immediate assignment to the Clerk and not for discussion presently. Please note there is now an agenda item after the Chairman’s remarks to discuss any matters arising from the public session.
4. Letters will be forwarded for review via email.
A meeting of Burgh le Marsh Town Council, on 25 April 2017.
1. Public Session, including
a. Reports from Representatives on Outside Bodies.
2. i) Chairman’s Remarks and ii) Matters arising from Public Session.
3. To receive apologies for absence and reasons given.
4. Pursuant to The Localism Act 2011,
a. To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the act; and
b. To consider requests for dispensations.
To approve the notes of the meeting of 28 March 2017, and by so doing, resolve that they be adopted as minutes. (See attached background papers)
To receive the Clerk’s report on matters outstanding and review the Action Sheet, including (See attached background papers)
Report on switch of gas and electricity supply contracts under delegated power.
Renewal of subscription to LALC (parish council county association).
7. To receive the monthly Financial Report and subsequently to resolve:
(See attached background papers)
a. That payments be made in accordance with the report schedule.
b. To note the current financial position and commitments.
c. To designate two Councillors to sign cheques for payments on report schedule.
a. To note general correspondence, as per Schedule A.
b. To deal with correspondence, as per Schedule B.
9. To consider upcoming public engagements and flag days for May 2017.
10. To consider administrative and financial matters in respect of:
a. Appointment of a replacement trustee to Bateman Veale Wray charity. (See attached background papers)
b. Review and response to the potential sale of Burgh Cricket Ground (Station Rd). (See attached background papers)
c. Receive update, agree next steps and approve expenditure for provision of a community/civic hall at Tinkers Green. (To be covered at meeting)
d. To exclude press and public pursuant to the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 due to the confidential nature of the following business to be discussed.
e. Review and approve i) Clerk’s contractual role and job description, including weekly hours and appropriate salary scale, ii) closing date for applications and date for interviews and iii) means and costs of further publicising the vacancy. (See attached background papers)
f. To re-admit press and public pursuant to the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 to announce decisions in respect of the items e(i) and e(ii).