Burgh le Marsh Town Council
An Extraordinary Meeting of the Town Council
will take place Friday 26th May 2017 - 6.30 pm
Burgh Methodist Church, Wesley Community Room, Jackson’s Lane, Burgh le Marsh
Members of the public are welcome to attend this
meeting, and will find the agenda
1. To receive apologies for absence and reasons given.
2. Pursuant to The Localism Act 2011:
i) To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the act;
ii) To consider requests for dispensations.
3. To exclude press and public pursuant to the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960
due to the confidential nature of the business to be discussed.
4. To consider the outcome of preliminary interviews for a new Town Clerk.
5. To interview the remaining prospective= candidates with a view towards selection of a successor Town Clerk.
6. To re-admit press and public pursuant to the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 to announce decisions in respect of items 4 and 5 above.
Public participation in the meeting itself is not normally permitted.
A Meeting of the Town Council will take place
Tuesday 30 May 2017 - 7.00 pm
Wesley Community Room,
Burgh Methodist Church,
Jackson’s Lane, Burgh le Marsh
Members of the public are welcome to attend this meeting. An agenda will be posted below in the coming days.
Up to 30 minutes is set aside at the beginning of the meeting for the public to make brief statements or questions to the council.
AGM Business (See attached background papers.)
Retiring Chairman’s remarks.
To elect a Chairman (Mayor).
3. To receive the Chairman’s Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
To elect a Vice Chairman (Deputy Mayor).
To appoint Representatives to Outside Bodies.
To decide which committees and subcommittees of the Council shall be appointed and the membership thereof.
7. Public Session.
8. i) Chairman’s remarks and ii) matters arising from the Public Session.
9. To receive apologies for absence and reasons given.
10. Pursuant to The Localism Act 2011,
a. To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the act; and
b. To consider requests for dispensation.
11. To approve the notes of the meetings of 25 April 2017 and 26 May 2017 and, by so doing, resolve that they be adopted as minutes.
12. To receive the Clerk’s report on matters outstanding and review the Action Sheet, including (See attached background papers)
13. To receive the monthly Financial Report and subsequently to resolve:
(See attached background papers)
a. That payments be made in accordance with the report schedule.
b. To note the current financial position and commitments.
c. To designate two Councillors to sign cheques for payments on report schedule.
d. To resolve updating bank signatory authorisations as appropriate.
a. To note general correspondence, as per Schedule A.
b. To deal with correspondence, as per Schedule B, including
15. To consider other communications and engagements, including:
a. Reports from Representatives on Outside Bodies.
b. Upcoming public engagements and flag days for June 2016.
16. To consider administrative and financial matters in respect of: (See attached background papers)
a. Agree a schedule of meeting dates for the 2017/18 civic year.
b. Agree closing date and interview date for town councillor co-option candidates.
c. Agree next steps in the Tinkers Green Civic Hall building project including responses to the April/May public consultation.
d. Respond to ELDC consultation on Proposed Public Space Protection Order to replace existing Dog Control Orders.
e. 2016 East Midlands in Bloom campaign update, including i) bus shelter treatments and ii) quotations for Tinkers Green mowing.
f. Receive update and agree final arrangements for handover and transition to new Clerk, including new terms and conditions.