Tuesday 27th June at 7pm
Wesley Community Room, Burgh Methodist Church, Jackson’s Lane, Burgh le Marsh
Members of the public are welcome to attend this meeting, and will find the agenda posted below.
Up to 30 minutes is set aside at the beginning of the meeting for the public to make brief statements or questions to the council.”
1. Public Session, including reports from Representatives to Outside Bodies.
2. i) Chairman’s remarks and ii) matters arising from the Public Session.
3. To receive apologies for absence and reasons given.
4. Pursuant to The Localism Act 2011,
a. To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the act; and
b. To consider requests for dispensation.
5. To approve the notes of the meetings of 26 May 2017 (Extraordinary) and 30 May 2017 (Ordinary) and, by so doing, resolve that they be adopted as minutes. (See attached)
6. To receive the Clerk’s report on matters outstanding and review the Action Sheet, including (See attached background papers)
7. To receive the monthly Financial Report and subsequently to resolve:
(See attached background papers)
a. That payments be made in accordance with the report schedule.
b. To note the current financial position and commitments.
c. To designate two Councillors to sign cheques for payments on report schedule.
d. To resolve updating bank signatory authorisations as appropriate.
a. To note general correspondence, as per Schedule A.
b. To deal with correspondence, as per Schedule B, including
9. To consider other communications and engagements, including upcoming public engagements and flag days for July 2017.
10. To consider administrative and financial matters in respect of: (See attached background papers)
a. To consider the Community Hub with Council Office and Library at Tinkers Green project in respect of (To be covered at meeting)
i. Additional quotation(s) received.
ii. Application for planning permission.
iii. Application for a loan.
iv. Order for building & works.
b. To consider A.O.B. (Any other business).
c. Donation of Carnival Committee events funds to Burgh Heritage Group.
d. Year End Financial Matters in respect of (to be covered at meeting)
i. Approve the Income & Expenditure Account for year ended 31st March 2017.
ii. Complete “Annual Governance Statement.”
iii. Approve the “Statement of Accounts.”
iv. Disposition of 2016/17 year end surplus or deficit, as appropriate.
v. Response to internal auditor’s finding.
e. To exclude press and public pursuant to the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 due to the confidential nature of the following business to be discussed.
f. Review and approve terms and conditions for the Clerk
g. Consider the future of a Town Crier.
h. To re-admit press and public pursuant to the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 to announce decisions in respect of items (f) and (g) above.
PLEASE ENSURE TO READ THE ATTACHED BACKGROUND PAPERS